Boarding @ Garvin’s
Karyn & Erin live together in a modest little home which is very near Garvin’s Pet Plaza on 29th St. Karyn & Erin purchased this house as a fixer-upper and have spent several years making it just right for all the pets. Since Boarding @ Garvin’s does entail pet sitting in their home, most of the business of dropping off and picking up pets is conducted at the 29th St Business Plaza location.
Who Gets To Come?
- We are very selective. We only accept dogs that have either been students at Garvin’s Dog Training Center and/or dogs that were clients of Barkin Garvin’s Dog Day C.A.R.E.
- We accept dogs of all ages. Dogs 6 months of age or older need to be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must have a great disposition with other dogs. Just as in any home, there are times when the pets are left together unsupervised. Our guests are not caged and it is imperative that they get along well with each other.
- Our guests are also required to be good with other animals like our cats. We have lots of dogs come to stay with us that have never been around cats and that’s fine. We would, however, refuse a dog that has deliberately injured a cat or another dog.
- Dogs must also be regularly vaccinated for kennel cough. Kennel cough is the only virus that has shown up from time to time. Please be sure to vaccinate your dog at least two weeks before they come to stay. We would also recommend that you vaccinate any senior dogs you may have at home just in case your dog would bring home a slight case of kennel cough.
- We maintain a flea and tick free environment. Needless to say, if your dog would bring us either of these, it would very likely be their last stay.
- Finally, our customers have confidence in us and give us permission to work with their dogs while they are here.
Pet Friendly Environment
The areas where your dog stays are safe and secure. The environment is temperature controlled and your dog always has access to the inside as well as the outside through a dog door. If your dog does not know how to use a dog door, Erin and Karyn will have a lesson with them to teach them how.
Note: Your dogs will get to play like crazy and it is not uncommon for them to come home and sleep for days after their stay.
We feed twice a day, and we do request that you send your dogs’ food along with them. We also request that you send a little extra food, rather than too little.
(Please write their name on their bag of food.)
Note: If a dog is reluctant to eat we will add something to its food to entice them such as chicken or hamburger.